Saturday, May 16, 2015

Week 19


The highlight of my blog post today is that more than half of the week's photographs were taken from my iPhone rather than my DSLR. It's funny because I usually lug my DSLR around with me but when I want to take a quick photo, I find it easier to take it from my iPhone. I know its not a big deal for some people but its pretty amazing how easily we can take photographs of our everyday life now. It's hard to imagine our kids understanding this concept. Our generation has seen the most rapid and drastic change in technology and life style. TV came out when our parents were young and that was a great invention of that time. We, on the other hand, have witnessed the advent of computers, internet and literally the digital age. I always wonder what would be next big thing altering our lifestyle. 

As much as our lives have become better with so much technology, we have to realize how intrusive it is. We heavily rely on technology to do the most minuscule tasks. Then there is the social media, where everyone likes to document every moment of their lives. It definitely has its merits and demerits. It is a personal choice and we have to respect each person for the way they go about it. At the same time, we are blessed to have all these resources such as Google, YouTube and Wikipedia at our disposal. For the adventurous, you can learn and see any place in the world virtually and then go explore it in real. I don't think even 100 years ago people could even imagine these possibilities. I can go on and on about it but I don't want to bore you and I think my son will be up in another 15 minutes so I have to finish writing this post.

Coming back to my weekly adventures. Last week was just amazing. It was Mother's Day over the weekend and we had planned a fun getaway with a group of friends to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. It turned out great and we all had such a memorable time. I believe that Mother's Day, like may other such days, has become a part of our lives fairly recently. Its a marketing ploy and we all fall prey to it. I mean everyday should be Mother's Day because as mothers we work hard all year long, doing things for our kids and families. However, if there is even one day that calls for appreciating those efforts I think we should just roll with it. 


Day 127
Went to get our car serviced so we thought we might take a photo in front of the dealership 

Day 128
Spring and its endless flowers 

Day 129
Echo lake in New Hampshire was the prettiest lake I have ever seen

Day 130
Mother's Day special from Omni Mount Resort in New Hampshire

Day 131
My son roaming the Omni Mount Washington Resort

Day 132
After playgroup library time

Day 133
Tulips o tulips, you make me so happy!

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day weekend and wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead of you. Thank you for checking in on my blog and if you liked it please share it with your friends and family. 



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Especially the Omni lake in New Hampshire

    ReplyDelete