Monday, December 15, 2014

Spring 2014

Year 2014 - Part 1 

I always thought Spring was the king of the seasons, though that was before I experienced the New England fall. Like most of the people, spring is my favorite season of the year. This year spring was extra special because it was the first one with my baby Zain.


This post will feature some glimpses of spring time flora and fauna around Boston, MA.   


Arnold Arboretum of Harvard

The above shot was taken at Arnold Arboretum. It stretches over 281 acres around Boston and Brookline area. It is a public-private partnership of Harvard University and the city of Boston. I came to know about it after living here for almost two years and I can't believe how much I was missing out on. What I love about this place is that it is equally beautiful to take a leisurely stroll in any season. There are trees, shrubs, vines and hundreds of varieties of plants. For a person like me who isn't much interested in plants, it is still an incredible place to just roam around and be fascinated by nature's beauty.

Public Garden Boston
For my love of tulips
























My favorite parks in Boston are situated in the heart of the city. There are two parks located side by side; the Common and the Public Garden. They were created two centuries apart. Boston Common was the first public park in America created in 1634, while the Public Garden was the first botanical garden in America established in 1837. I obviously like the latter more because of it being more flowery and pretty.





Colorful Tulips all around the Public garden
Vibrant blooms of Spring time

The Public Garden is famous for its Swan Boats, which are essentially paddle boats carrying passengers on a tour around the lagoon in the park. There are lots of ducks roaming around but there is one pair of 'Swans' who rule this garden. Every spring they arrive at the garden with much show and pomp and make it their home till October when they return to the Franklin Park Zoo for the winters. For the past 12 years this current swan pair named very aptly, Romeo and Juliet, has been the center of attention. I love going to the garden no matter what the season is because it is always so peaceful and serene but during spring time it is always busy. You see children running around, people sitting or lying idly or reading a book. 


A wandering duck around the pond ares in the Public Garden

Romeo or Juliet swimming around the pond

I await next year's spring and look forward to making more beautiful memories with my cute little family. I'm going to end the post with a photograph of my son from our picnic on Mother's Day in the beautiful blooming Arboretum. It was the best gift ever. 


My own precious bloom


Hope you enjoyed this post. Keep reading and send me your feedback. Have a great day!











2 comments:

  1. You are a great photographer! What kind of camera do you use? I went to high school near there- Belmont.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Scarlet! I have a Nikon D7100. So good to know that some local people are reading my blog. Belmont is very close indeed :)

    ReplyDelete