Saturday, July 25, 2015

Week 26


This was hands down the best week of the year for me and my little family. We went on our first international vacation with our toddler and boy did we have fun! 

I have been lucky to have visited a lot of places. When I was younger we lived in Paris for two years but I was only 4 years old and I have very very vague memories of our time there. So although this was my second trip to Paris, I really experienced it as a first. I have a lot of photos from when we lived there and love to look at them. I wanted to make sure we got tons of photos of my son, Zain who is only 19 months, so later when he grows up he will have these photos to relive his first Euro trip with us. We had quite a few stops in our mini Euro vacation. Paris was the starting point. From there we took a train to Brussels, Belgium. Then we took a train from there to Amsterdam, Netherlands. From there we flew to Zurich, Switzerland and then drove to Luzerne. This was all done in this week 26 and it was fantastic. I am going to write about our vacation in detail if I get some time. Right now I am just trying to catch up on my 365 project so here are my photos from Week 26. 


Day 176
Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, built eight centuries ago, still stands in all its glory

Day 177
Arc de Triomphe in Paris was commissioned by Napoleon in 1806 as a tribute to the French army. I tried getting some light trails.

Day 178
The Arc de Carrousel is the arch in between the Louvre and the Jardin de Tuileries.

Day 179
La Grand Place or De Grote Markt, is an iconic square in Brussels, Belgium

Day 180
The night view of typical beautiful Amsterdam buildings along a canal.

Day 181
I Amsterdam slogan at the back of Rijksmuseum is also a self portrait. Can you spot me?

Day 182
The lovely medieval Kapellbrucke or Chapel Bridge, in Lucerne, Switzerland, is the oldest wooden covered bridge in Europe

Hope you enjoyed these highlights of our trip. These don't even begin to show the beauty of Europe and how much it has to offer. You must visit yourself and experience the culture to really understand it fully. Keep reading my blog and come back soon for the photos of Week 27. I will be posting them soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment